Dear League Leaders and Members:
Join us for the Annual Meeting on Saturday, June 20th at 9:30 AM.
All members are invited and encouraged to attend our LWVDV Annual Membership Meeting on Saturday, June 20th AT 9:30 AM. We need a quorum of members to vote to continue services for the next year and we hope to see you there!
This will be an online Zoom conference meeting with video and voice service. (NO carpooling required! NO travel time needed!) You will be able to use your computer, laptop or iPad and/or your phone of any variety.
Watch for an invitation to the Annual Meeting which will include the Zoom meeting details as well as instructions and how to vote using Zoom. Please be sure to RSVP!
If Zoom online is not possible for you for any reason, don’t miss out! Please let us know in your RSVP and we will provide a phone number so you can call in and participate.
Also watch for an invitation to an online training on the use of Zoom before the Annual Meeting. Two sessions will be offered on Thursday, June 18at 9:30 am or 7:00 pm.
Join us at this important and fun day to:
- Celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the League of Women Voters and the 19th Amendment!
- Vote for our elected Officers and our Budget.
- Consider and vote to approve our LWVDV Program Priorities. Please note that the Board has changed our Program Priorities since January to reflect the impact of the pandemic on government services. The new recommendations will be in the Annual Meeting Kit.
- Meet our Voter Services leaders and learn of all the services we will provide for the critical November election with your volunteer help.
- The leaders of the Voter Services team include: Martha Goralka, organizing online CCTV Candidate Forums; Marian Shostrom, online Voter’s Edge service; Shawn Gilbert, online Schools Activities; Kay James and Janet Thomas, online Pros and Cons preparation and delivery; and Suzan Requa, online Voter Registration, VE CA-Get Out the Vote activities
- We will be posting contact information for our leaders for each of our Voter Services provided during this Presidential election year.
- Help us build and support community involvement as we complete an amazing transition to Voter Services online delivery.
- All Voter Services are being designed for online delivery this year, including Voter Registration, Voter’s Edge, Get Out the Vote, Candidate Forums, Pros and Cons, and Schools Voter Information.
- Learn how to sign up to volunteer in whatever service is of interest to you.
- Learn how to help with outreach to our Central and East County non-profit network of partners.
Please call our office at 925-283-2235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the Annual Meeting.
League of Women Voters National Convention - Online
You are invited to attend the League of Women Voters National Convention which is being held online this year. What an outstanding opportunity! An online LWV national convention where members can attend without travel costs and “see” the talent and the expertise of our leaders and learn of the diversity of successful delivery of Making Democracy Work experiences across the country.
Convention sessions will be held on June 25 to 27 and LWV is planning the agenda with consideration towards all time zones.
Check out this link to learn the current details: https://www.lwv.org/league-management/council-convention/update-convention-2020.
RSVP to email@example.com if you would like to learn more and would like to attend the sessions.
Suzan Requa, LWVDV President