This is the non-passworded Members Only section for internal League documents and information. Please don't share the URL except with other League members.
Let the Communications Team know if there are resources you want added to this page. The first two attachments are basic documents you need for LWVDV participation:
- Bylaws and Board Policies
- Current Positions (last updated 2015)
Our 2019 Holiday Party Should Include You!
Join us to celebrate the holidays before the start of a very busy election season! All members and guests are welcome:
Date: Saturday, December 8
Time: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Location: South Walnut Creek residence. Address and directions will be sent after your RSVP.
It's a pot-luck; your plate of nibbles will be welcomed. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with what you will be bringing and how many will attend. Beverages provided.
Upcoming LWVUS Webinars on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: The upcoming webinar series will take a deeper look at the topics we’ve been exploring for the past year and offer tools every member can use in their League work. Ideally, Leagues would watch together and make time for discussion afterward. See the dates and links to register below.
Increasing our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a central goal for LWV. Every LWV member has access to the webinars that LWVUS has produced in the past and will produce in the future on this theme. Recordings and resources from previous webinars can be found on the League Management Site. You can register individually at the links here:
LWVC Convention 2019 reports (note that there are multiple reports on some workshops or caucuses):
- Linda Soliven
- Shawn Gilbert: UN Conference on Women; Equity for Women (ERA); Listening Across Our Differences
- Gayle Saxton: Listening Across Our Differences; Electoral Process (caucus, new position); Criminal Justice (caucus, new position); Framing Your Message; Candidate Forums: Keeping the Discussion Civil; Equity for Women (ERA)
- Sue Brandy: Pre-Convention Workshop "Let's Talk About Power: Exploring Race, Identity Formation, and Organizing"; Schools and Communities First; Transgender & Gender Non-Conforming Voter Education (caucus); Civil Discourse; Climate Calamity/Climate Crisis (caucus)
- Diane Bianchi: Pre-Convention Workshop "Let's Talk About Power: Exploring Race, Identity Formation, and Organizing"; Climate Calamity/Climate Crisis (caucus); Census 2020; Voters Choice Act; Listening Across Our Differences; Finding Local Suffrage Stories
- Christina Soto-Maynez: Schools And Communities First; Building Equity (Pre-Convention Workshop); Unlocking League Secrets; Guest Speaker, Manuel Pastor on Integrated Voter Engagement; Great League Ideas; Guest Speaker, LWVUS CEO Virginia Kase
- Stephanie Williams-Rogers: Fundraising; Homelessness
- Suzan Requa: Listening Across Our Differences; UN Conference on Women
- Wildfire Caucus (hosted by LWVDV)
LWVC Convention materials and resources: https://lwvc.wordpress.com/2019-documents/
- Workshop: Listening across our Differences https://lwvc.wordpress.com/2019-documents/ PPT Presentation
- LWV Alameda – Civics Scholarship Program
- We were ahead of the game on this but it does have a few ideas about the age group and the no/nos are accurate for any future events: LWV Fremont/Newark/Union City – Parkland Voter Movement Presentation
- Student Voter Registration - great idea - postcards: https://lwvc.files.wordpress.com/2019/06/gotv-lwv-palo-alto.pdf
- Santa Barbara, re-districting design effort: https://lwvc.wordpress.com/2019-documents/ LWV Santa Barbara – Redistricting Reform and PowerPoint Presentation
- UN Conference on the Status of Women: https://lwvc.wordpress.com/2019-documents/ Takeaways from the UN CSW63
See the attachments below for the following handout materials from Convention workshops:
- Civil Discourse Resource List
- Unlikely Friends Activity & Description
- Unlikely Friends Activity
- Welcoming Conservatives