We make voting easier through varied voter education programs.
The League of Women Voters of Diablo Valley conducts voter service and citizen education activities. It is a nonpartisan nonprofit public policy organization, which:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
Some examples of our activities are:
- Support Voters' Edge California where voters can find information on candidates and ballot measures from the League and other nonpartisan sources. (See Voters' Edge PSA.)
- "Last Chance" voter registration opportunities at selected BART stations on the last day of registration before an election.
- Live and televised candidate forums prior to elections, including multiple forums available on public-access TV channels around the county. These forums are done in partnership with the Contra Costa Elections Department, Contra Costa TV, and other community partners. Our Fall 2018 forums are listed here.
Donations to the League of Women Voters of Diablo Valley, a 501(c)(3)corporation, are fully tax-deductible where allowed by law.