We support a balanced, safe and efficient transportation network that will preserve a quality environment and provide mobility throughout the region.
What do we advocate?
- Public participation in all transportation planning
- A Fresno Regional Transit District with both planning and implementation authority
- Alternatives to the private automobile
- Priority for those dependent upon transit
- Policies consistent with sound land use plans and clean air requirements
- Sustainable funding measures for transit
- Recognition that public transit may be publicly or privately owned, operated and funded
How Can You Participate?
- Write or call elected representatives
- Speak at transportation planning and funding meetings
- Write a letter to the Bee
- Serve as a public member on transportation committees
- Attend League workshops on transportation planning