Support of measures that will ensure adequate financing of the Los Angeles Public Library Department.
- Encourage increased support from the business community.
- Encourage increased use of volunteers in the Library.
- Secure Federal and State funds when available for library purposes.
2. Community Services
Support of measures that will ensures the responsiveness of the Library Department to individual community needs.
- Circulation of books and library material should be the primary service of the Library Department.
- Community information centers should be established.
- The Library department should encourage input from the varied communities in branch decision-making.
The Board of Library Commissioners should act as the head of the Library Department.
2004-2005 Positions (1974, 1977, 1981)