Date: Oct 19, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Location: Saratoga Libary
Speaker: Henry Abrons, MD, MPH
- Member, LWV, Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville
- Member Board of Directors, Physicians for
- a National Health Program
Dr. Hank Abrons is a retired critical care and pulmonary physician in Berkeley.
Voters rank health care as their top concern. Insurance premiums, deductibles, prescription drug costs, hospital charges and other medical expenses are squeezing the middle class.
- 66.5 percent of personal bankruptcies are tied to medical issues.
- Despite gains in coverage and access to care from the Affordable Care Act, the proportion of bankruptcies from high medical costs remains unchanged.
- What most people do not realize is that their health insurance may not be enough to protect them.
Come & Learn: What Are the Options for Health Care Reform?