Update - January, 2020
- Promote "Wear White Day."
- Share social media content. (Could each League share something about our Birthday, celebrating how we are serving our respective jurisdictions?)
- Write an op ed or letter to the editor in local papers about the League's Birthday and what we are doing to educate and advocate in our respective jurisdictions.
- Request a proclamation from our county legislative bodies/county executive in NCC, and Governor and General Assemby (the AC will handle the state).
Part of the People Powered Fair MapsTM campaign is a collective National Day of Action by Leagues all over the country on February 14, 2020, the 100th Birthday of the League of Women Voters. LWVUS will provide direction and message support for Leagues to fold into other League birthday celebrations.
Examples of some ways the state and local Leagues can consider, either digital or in-person, include but are not limited to:
- Sharing social media content
- Organizing a rally or protest
- Delivering petitions
- Convening educational events on voting rights, redistricting or the Census
- Hosting a letter writing party to state representatives about fair maps
- Writing op-eds or letters to editor in local papers
- Hosting a voter registration drive
- Tabling at community events or on college campuses
- Promote “Wear White Day”
We are working on a possible statewide event but can’t publicize it until we can confirm details. We will alert League members if it works out. Meanwhile, Local Leagues can consider ways you would like to celebrate with the thousands of League members across the country.
If you want to take an individual action, please let us know so we can count it as part of Delaware’s participation. Send info to Sandy Spence. Please put PPFM in the subject line.