The League of Women Voters conducts voter service and citizen education activities. It is a nonpartisan nonprofit public policy educational organization that:
- Builds citizen participation in the democratic process through voter registration projects and other activities.
- A significant project undertaken by the LWVDE is our New Citizen project in which we attend all naturalization ceremonies to give our new citizens a packet of information on such matters as registering to vote and how to vote.
- Studies key community issues at all government levels in an unbiased manner.
- Background materials developed by study committees are provided to local Leagues which then hold "consensus meetings" of members to answer study questions. The answers, once compiled, form the basis for League positions that lead to advocacy.
- Enables people to seek positive solutions to public policy issues through education and conflict management.
- The LWVDE publishes a downloadable brochure, This Way to the Voting Booth, for distribution to the public. It provides details on registration and voting.
Donations made to the League of Women Voters, a 501(c)(3)corporation, are fully tax-deductible where allowed by law.