The League of Women Voters of Volusia County supports certain recommendations regarding local transportation systems in Volusia County.
[adopted 1/10/2015 and re-adopted May 14, 2016]
The League of Women Voters of Volusia County supports the following recommendations regarding local transportation systems in Volusia County:
- LWVVC supports apportioning sources of land transportation revenue to all forms of transportation and believes it is the responsibility of cities, county, state and federal governments to fund mass transit for Volusia County.
- LWVVC supports safe access to schools, shopping, and neighborhoods through the establishment of well-connected walking and bicycling networks as an important component for livable communities.
- LWVVC supports extending and improving public transportation in order to create better local and regional connectivity.
- LWVVC supports requiring that all public transit stops adhere to Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- LWVVC supports land-use changes that will encourage the use of efficient public transportation.
League to which this content belongs:- Private group -