Upcoming book discussion:
We are back and meeting outdoors in a socially-distanced fashion! Join us on Thursday, September 17th at 5:30 p.m. at Wesley United Methodist Church (14 N May Street, Aurora, IL). Please bring your own chair and whatever you wish to drink. If the weather is not good, we are able to meet in the church with masks and following social distancing guidelines of 6 feet apart.
For this discussion, everyone is bringing the book that they've read on the topic of racism in America. Everyone will share what they've learned from the book they've read.
Other books we've read:
- How Democracies Die by Steven Levitsky and Daniel Ziblatt
- White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- The Broken Ladder: How Inequality Affects the Way We Think, Live, and Die by Keith Payne
- The Woman's Hour - The Great Fight to Win the Vote by Elaine Weiss
- The Women's Suffrage Movement edited by Sally Roesch Wagner with a foreword by Gloria Steinem