Are you registered to vote?

Do you want to change your party, your address, your name? Do you know you can do this on-line? (Provided by

In Riley County, you may register at several sites,(ie. at the Driver's license bureau, with the Federal Form. You may submit your application in person, on-line,or by mail to  County Clerk's Office, 110 Court House Plaza, Manhattan KS 66502 


Other key points

  • You must re-register if you have changed your name or address or sex.
  • To vote, you need to bring a government issued picture ID with you when you vote. A  public high school or university ID is acceptable.  A private college ID is not, as it is not “government issued. You may qualify for a free ID
  • You will receive a card in the mail when you are registered. This will list your polling place, place to vote. Check to make sure that everything is accurate.
  • Be sure to take your registration card with you, in case there are any problems.


The following are some sites for free documentation:


Una Guía de Votación en Kansas

Donde es una forma para Federal Form. You do not need to submit proof of citizenship, but you do need to be a citizen. You may need to contact your county clerk to find out where to vote.

If you are stopped from voting: 

You may ask for a provisional ballot, though not all offices will be listed. If you can prove you are registered, your vote will count. (follow the HAVA guidelines below.)

A formal complaint can be filed under Title III of HAVA, The Help America Vote Act, if you have trouble with:

  • Voting equipment
  • Accessibility
  • Alternative language
  • Provisional voting
  • Central voter registration
  • Posting of election information at polling places
  • Identification of voters


You may follow these steps to attempt to correct the mistake.  You have a time deadline. You must file your complaint within 30 days after the problem occurred.



In Kansas, you may get back your voting rights after completing prison time and/or probation after a felony conviction. You are eligible to vote in Kansas. You still must register to vote. It is not done automatically on your release.

"A felon who loses voting rights may re-register to vote after their sentence is completed. The county election officer does not automatically restore the person's name to the registration list. When registering to vote, the felon is not required to submit proof of final discharge. The voter registration application form contains an affidavit above the signature line attesting that the person's rights have been restored. Signing a false affidavit is a felony, which could result in loss of voting rights upon conviction." From the Office of Kansas Secretary of State, Voting Eligibility