Position In Brief:
- Support the implementation of all Chapter 766 programs in which Lexington students are involved, particularly through improved communication among parents, teachers, and students (1980).
- Monitor Lexington's participation in the Minuteman Regional High School (1980, 2000).
- Support the implementation of Chapter 622 in the Lexington schools (1978).
- Support heterogeneous grouping at Lexington High School in some subjects in some grades. Any further implementation of heterogeneous grouping would be supported only if adequate funding were available to maintain small class size, to develop appropriate curricula, to purchase appropriate instructional materials and assessment tools, to provide professional staff development, and to educate the community about the practices employed (1994).
- Promote high standards of education through support of:
- Programs in human development and human relations, including a program in sex education appropriate to all age levels (1973).
- Programs to meet equally the educational needs of all children residing in Lexington or attending Lexington Public Schools (1970).
- Educational, organizational and operational policies of the Lexington Public Schools that are consistent with League goals and positions (1969).
League to which this content belongs:- Private group -