The League of Women Voters of Northwest Wayne County urges the development of plans, procedures and policies that will achieve the goals of the community and ensure orderly growth.
Adopted 1987 | Affirmed 2018.
To this end, the LWV supports:
- A Local Planning Department which is performing advanced planning and which is adequately financed and staffed.
- An ongoing and adequate interpretation to the public of the Master Plan and local land use policies.
- Careful consideration of new industrial and commercial development as well as close attention to amenities such as adequate parking, service drives, pedestrian walkways, landscaping, traffic control and overpasses. The Leagues opposes the concept of strip zoning on major arteries.
- An effort through imaginative and create land use policies to improve the quality of life.
- Strict enforcement of existing ordinances.
- Site plan approval by the local authority.
League to which this content belongs:- Private group -