The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political membership organization which:
- encourages informed and active participant in government
- works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and
- influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League of Women Voters works to achieve its mission by:
- Taking positions on public policy issues after study and member agreement on what solutions are in the public interest at all government levels.
- By building citizen participation in the democratic process and
- Engaging communities in promoting positive solutions to public policy issues through education and advocacy.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- act with trust, integrity and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.