The Texas Primary Election is an exciting election! You will definitely want to Be a Texas Voter©!
After you vote, spread the word! Get your friends, family, and coworkers to Be a Texas Voter©!
You can help!
- Research shows chatting one on one and gentle nudging on social media makes a difference in whether an inconsistent voter will actually go out and Be a Texas Voter©!
- Help new and young voters compare candidates with the nonpartisan League Voters Guide or with one of the Candidate Forums held around Texas. And ensure they have a plan to vote with VOTE411.org or LWVTexas.org.
- Texas has open primaries! You may be a voter on either the Republican ballot or the Democratic ballot during early voting Feb.18 - Feb 28 or on Primary Election Day, March 3, 2020. (The Green Party and the Libertarian Party choose candidates in a convention process.)
Other ways you can help Texas voters!
- Become a trained Voter Protection Volunteer to support voters at the polls.
- Contact your county to work at the polls - they always need workers!
- Follow and share accurate voter education from LWVTexas.org, VOTE411.org, votetexas.gov and your county election website.
- Fight disinformation by only sharing from established legitimate news sources.
I know you are as committed to empowering voters and defending democracy as I am. Thank you for taking these extra steps in the lead up to the March 3rd Texas Primary Election!!
Grace Chimene President LWV Texas
League to which this content belongs:Texas