There are many ways you can help empower Texas voters. Here are a few actions you can take to help make democracy work in your community!
- Be a volunteer deputy registrar
Help Texas citizens register to vote, become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar (VDR)
- Be a county election worker
County election officials are committed to offering all voters a safe and secure way to vote, whether by mail or in person. They need your support!
- Share: Who voters might meet at the polls: poll watchers, poll monitors, poll workers, poll greeters
- Share the nonpartisan Voters Guide at VOTE411.org
- Invite a nonpartisan League speaker to your event
- Civics education resources
Find ready-to-use materials and resources for use in classrooms to prepare students to be responsible voters and citizens.
- Election protection
Join us as a Voter Protection volunteer for the 2020 elections so that all Texas voters can be part of a free and fair election?
- Review your county election website
In Texas, each county is responsible for voter registration, where to vote, when to vote, how to vote, what is on the ballot, how to become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar, or an Election Judge. Find resources to review your county website and ensure they are providing accurate, easy to find voter information.
- Use tried and true get out the vote (GOTV) resources
- Check here often for new voting and election content, and we will be updating this resource accordingly. Find organizations, businesses, and schools that support democracy in their community by registering voters & promoting voting in Texas!
- LWVUS and LWVTX graphics, videos, voter education bookmarks etc.
- Best practices for GOTV Evidence-based principles behind effective voter education and get-out-the-vote campaigns.