The League of Women Voters of Falls Church is a nonpartisan organization that serves the citizens of Falls Church City by encouraging informed and active participation in government, working to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influencing public policy through education and advocacy. We neither support nor oppose any political party or candidate.
The League of Women Voters has two separate and distinct roles.
- Voters Service/Citizen Education: We present unbiased, nonpartisan information about elections, the voting process, and issues.
- Action/Advocacy: While nonpartisan, after thorough study we develop and use our positions to advocate for or against particular policies in the public interest. Check out our local positions and the studies and consensus that informs our local advocacy.
To conduct our voter service and citizen education activities, we employ funds from the League of Women Voters Education Fund, which is a 501(c)(3) corporation, a nonprofit, educational organization. The League of Women Voters, a membership organization, conducts action and advocacy and is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) corporation.
Our Vision, Beliefs, and Intentions guide our activities.
As of July 1, 2020, the members of the Board of Directors of LWV-FC are:
- Wendy Frieman, Co-President
- Allison Brown, Co-President
- Sabeena Rajpal, Vice President
- Ann Korzeniewski, Secretary
- Nadyne Hick, Treasurer
- Kitty O'Hara, Co-Voter Services Chair
- Anne Rhodes-Kline, Co-Voter Services Chair
- Sarah Kemp, Program Chair
- Representation from the Membership Committee
- Erica Thomas, Nominating Committee Chair
Because our democracy needs care and attention. Because we are fearless and relentless.
We're doing a lot of important things for our community and we'd like you to help us get fellow residents registered to vote and voting with an informed voice: join us! The League is open to men and women!
The League of Women Voters never supports or opposes candidates for office, or political parties. Any use of the League of Women Voters name in campaign advertising or literature has not been authorized by the League.